- Walk or ride a bicycle.
- Shop by phone or web
- Ride public transit.
- Accelerate gradually.
- Use cruise control on the highway.
- Obey the speed limit.
- Combine your errands into one trip.
- Don't top off at the gas pumps.
- Replace your car's air filter.
- Select products that are water-based or have low amounts of volatile organic compounds
- Use water-based paints. Look for paints labeled "zero-VOC."
- Paint with a brush, not a sprayer.
- Use a push or electric lawn mower.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Use a thermostat that automatically turns off the air conditioner or heater when you
don't need them.
- Add insulation to your home.
- Use a fan instead of air conditioning.
- Use an EPA-approved wood burning stove or fireplace insert.
- Choose recycled products.
Smoking, cooking/heating appliances,
vapors from building matiriels, paints, etc..